March 8, 2010

Goal for the Week 3/8


I am having trouble finding really good sourdough bread on the east coast. There is nothing like San Luis Obispo sourdough bread. It really is quite sour and mouthwatering. I found a great recipe for beginners and this week I will make sourdough starter and bread! I'm super excited and hungry!

My new "pet's" home.




One cup whole wheat flour and one cup warm water mixed together.


Here is my starter "pet" resting on the window sill. I will take out half and add more to it each day for the next 3-4 days and then move it to the fridge. Hopefully by this weekend I will have some good starter for some sourdough bread!

2 comments:

anglouise said...

I look forward to seeing how your bread turns out! There are few things that I love more than good sourdough. I didn't realize how rare it was until I moved out of CA. I was so spoiled growing up in San Luis Obispo!

mira said...

mmm sourdough. I always knew I was getting close to settled into a new place when I finally remembered to start a new batch, lol.

you can use the part that you are taking out each day to put in other things (pancakes, for example). just fyi :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...