March 26, 2010

Simple and Yummy, the best way to cook!

Chicken & Rice ala Emily

1/2 pound bacon (I use turkey)
1/4-1/2 medium onion diced (if you love onion use more)
1 can stewed tomatoes-drained (I used plain but Italian would be good)
2-3 cups left over chicken (I used rotisserie from the store)
boil in a bag brown rice (boiled in chicken stock is always better)
salt & pepper to taste

Brown bacon in a large skillet. In a separate pot boil rice. Add onion and cook until they start to get translucent, stirring often. Add tomatoes and cook on low for about 5 minutes. Add chicken, mix well and continue to cook on low for about 5 minutes. When rice is fluffy, drain liquid and add rice to mixture. Again let it cook about 5 minutes on low. Season with salt and pepper. So good! I was really impressed with myself!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...