June 16, 2010

Sleepless Nights

I subscribe to a great blog called Faith Deployed by Jocelyn Green. I wanted to share this post, it was posted today for me.

While I was sleeping last night I was having terrible and very real dreams about my husband leaving us. Not about him leaving for two weeks but forever by his own will and not God's. I shared this dream with him in detail today, it wasn't the first time. I've had dreams like these every month or two. I have this underlying fear of being alone. And even worse to be without the one that I love so much.

It is horrible to wake up in fear the way I do after these dreams. And a virtual hug just isn't the same. All I can do is tell my husband about my fear, if only for some reassurance from him. Then I try to remember that I have to turn to God. The One that will never leave me and will always be there in fear and change.

Have I not commanded you?

Be strong and courageous.

Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9 (NIV)


So, rather than these verses helping me through a sleepless night, I pray they help me have a peaceful sleep with dreams of the wonderful things to come.

“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.”
Psalm 4:8

1 comment:

Jahlon Family Blog said...

I've had dreams like that too and I hate them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...