October 12, 2010

Kaleidoscope, A Book Review

I received Kaleidoscope by Patsy Clairmont from Booksneeze to review. It is a beautiful book with captivating cover art but that is about where the captivation ended for me.

Book Description


Acclaimed author and Women of Faith speaker Patsy Clairmont causes womens' hearts to leap and their hopes to lift in this quirky, straight-to-the point look at the Proverbs.


Understanding the Christian life and the Bible can be a daunting task. But maybe God didn't mean it to be so hard. In Kaleidoscope of Proverbs, Patsy Clairmont pieces together some powerful messages from God and reveals new facets of beauty, inspiration, and instruction. Written for busy women, Patsy offers brief, powerful chapters that address the key aspects of their lives, hearts, and relationships.


In the Proverbs, God gives us small gems of hope and truth, and in Kaleidoscope of Proverbs, Patsy Clairmont unveils them for readers with her trademark humor and insightful teaching.


I love that she uses Proverbs and brings it to modern day life but at times it was a bit lengthy and it was hard for me to get into. I think I prefer Proverbs in the raw, not all dressed up for modern day. It is the only book of the Bible that has really spoken to me, maybe that is why I had such a hard time with this book. Try it out for yourself and see. I'd love to hear your opinion.

I review for BookSneeze

3 comments:

Blogs said...

Looks and sounds like a fab book:) what a nice review!

Angie.Moore said...

Hi...I haven't read the book but I wanted to comment on your post. I too am a big fan of the book of Proverbs. It's carried me for the past few months.
But the book looks nice =)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up! I love Proverbs too, but with a two year old I need short passages on them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...