December 10, 2010

Baked French Toast from my Mama


I got the recipe from my mom and made it the next day. Honestly, I was too tired to make it the night before but it still turned out wonderful. This picture does not do it any justice!

Baked French Toast
1 C brown sugar
1/2 melted butter
3 tsp cinnamon (divided in half)
3 tart apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 C dried cranberries (I used golden raisins)
1 loaf French bread cut into 1" slices
6 eggs
1 1/2 C milk
1 TBsp vanilla

Combine brown sugar, melted butter and half of the cinnamon in a 13x9" baking pan (I used stoneware).
Add apples and cranberries: toss to coat the fruit and then spread mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Arrange bread slices over the mixture. Mix together eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Pour mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours (I just let mine soak for about 20 minutes). Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then serve warm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...