June 22, 2010

Random Travel:Berlin

Berlin is seriously one of my favorite places in the world! There is so much history and culture. It is a beautiful city that is very clean and modern. Traveling around the city is very easy and most everyone speaks English. This is Checkpoint Charlie.

This is a portion of the wall that still remains.
This brick path represents the wall where it once stood.

It is amazing, to me, that a city can be so melancholy but so optimistic at the same time. So much heartache and devastation has not held this city back. They are recovering with grace and dignity and emerging from the ashes brilliant, unique and awe-tastic! (I made that last one up!)

If you get the chance to visit Europe, I highly recommend Berlin, it was of my favorite places that we were blessed to visit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...