January 20, 2011

Healthy Chicken Enchilada Soup

This is an updated healthier version of my soup. I started Weight Watchers Online this week and changing up some recipes (not that peanut butter cookie one!). This recipe is 6 points per serving. I like to have it with corn tortillas, which are 1 point a piece. I cut them into six pieces and bake them, lightly salt and lime them and dip in soup or salsa. Here is my new recipe...



4 breast(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, fresh or frozen
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen green beans
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup chopped zucchini
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 1/4 cups (one small can) enchilada sauce (I use green)
2 1/3 cups black beans, rinsed

Throw everything in the crock pot! When the chicken is cooked (4 hours-ish) take it out and shred it up. Put it back in and stir it up, serve with homemade corn chips and fat-free sour cream! And, by all means, add more veggies! I like mine thick, if you want yours more brothy then add some water.




1 comment:

mira said...

mmm. I did NOT do green beans, that is weird. But, I did puree a can of white beans and put that in, along with pureed roasted red peppers, onions, garlic, and squash. minced zucchini. wow, lots of veggies. nutritional yeast to thicken and replace some of the cheese, homemade enchilada sauce. Definitely a keeper recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...