September 10, 2011

Banana, etc. Bread Recipe


This bread is delicious! I had to share it. I really like it because it isn't super sweet. I adapted it from about seven banana bread recipes that I read, so I will consider this my own. Enjoy!

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 cups flour (I used 2 cups all purpose, 1 cup whole wheat)
  • 2 rip bananas, smashed
  • 2 crunchy apples, diced small with peels removed
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup chips (I used the peanut butter and chocolate swirl ones)
Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease (or use non stick spray) and flour two 9x5x3" loaf pans.
Mix butter and sugar until smooth and then add one egg at a time, beating well after each egg. Add vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add bananas, apples, raisins and chips. Slowly add in the flour until everything is incorporated.
Split into the two loaf pans. Bake for about 1 hour or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for ten minutes, remove and then cool completely on the racks. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...