January 9, 2012

Lasagna a la Crockpot

Super easy and it actually tasted better than I thought it would!

  • pound or so of browned ground beef (or turkey or left over pot roast, whatever you want)
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons dried basil 
  • 10 ounces of diced tomatoes (Italian are good)
  • small can of tomato paste (or you can use jar sauce, whatever you have on hand)
  • 1 cup real parmesan cheese (not Kraft powder), half will go in the mix and half will go on top
  • mozzarella cheese (real mozz! see picture if you don't know what real mozz is) 
  • 2 or 3 strips of lasagna noodles, uncooked
  • 1 cup or so of water
  • black pepper to taste
I browned the meat and then mixed everything in my crock. I broke up the pieces of lasagna noodle and mixed them in. I added the water but probably didn't really need it. I was afraid it would get dry. It took about 3.5 hours to cook on low, then I turned it off and topped it with parmesan and more mozzarella. Put the lid back on and let it get all gooey. 
Not the most attractive picture but it was super yummy!

This is the most real mozzarella cheese I could find here. If I was in Italy or even some stores in the US I would get Buffalo Mozzarella that comes in water. It is nothing like the mozz in the states. YUM!

2 comments:

mira said...

yum. will have to try.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I made some lasagna in the crockpot before and it was good. I may have to make some more soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...